Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Jayden Gives Us a Scare!

We went to see Santa at the Galleria last Monday and after four snapshots, we finally got a photo with the kids both looking at the camera, although lacking smiles. Afterward, while playing in the family bathroom area, Jayden ran his head into the sharp corner of the glass TV frame!! Blood came rushing from his head while his screams filled the room. Luckily my parents were with me, so my mom watched Madison while my dad and me tried to stop the bleeding with paper towels. I was terrified, trying to map an escape route to the nearest hospital while calming my frightened son. Thankfully, the bleeding stopped quickly and we saw that Jayden had a small "hole" on his head instead of a large cut, so stitches wouldn't be necessary. What does Jayden want to do right afterward? Run right over to play the same game that caused this whole situation!! I guess he hasn't grasped the concept of cause and effect yet!

1 comment:

  1. OMG Shannon. I would have been horrified. Soo happy to hear he is OK. Of course, you were probably much worse off than Jayden was. The first of many injuries, I am sure. The blood must have really scared you, poor thing.

    Sarah xxoo

    ReplyDelete